The Purnima (full moon day) of the Magh (January – February) month is known as Magh Purnima. Magh is considered to be one of the sacred months. Any ritual, charity, worship performed during Magh month is very beneficial. Purnima is known to be very auspicious for all the spiritual and sacred activities. Thus, Magh Purnima bestows the benefits of both Purnima and Magh month and is thus, one of the important days in the .
Appropriate way to observe Magh Purnima and its significance:
• Take a bath in a holy river. If that is not possible, add Gangajal to your bathing water. It is believed that Lord Vishnu resides in the holy Ganges on Magh Purnima and thus, even a single drop of Ganga water has the potency to take one to heaven.
• The mantra to be chanted while taking bath is “Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya Namah”
• Magh Purnima is a very auspicious day to worship Lord Vishnu. Please recite and to receive divine blessings.
• Worship Lord Vishnu with a ghee lamp, flowers and incense.
• Give clothes, sesame seeds, food, money and kind in charity to the poor and needy. All the charity work and pujas undertaken on Magh Purnima yield many-fold results.
• Perform worship of .
• Observe partial or a full-day fast and be absorbed in spiritual activities. • All the problems and sins of the faithful observer of Magh Purnima are erased and he/she is blessed with wealth, good health and enlightenment on the spiritual path.
• Magha Purnima is also known as Maha Maghi and Magha Pournami.
• One who donates Brahma-Vaivarta Purana on Magh Purnima attains the abode of Lord Brahma.
Magh Purnima is celebrated on 14th of February in 2014. OnlineTemple.com wishes happiness and success to all the devotees on the occasion of Magh Purnima.