Glories and significance of the observance of Kamika Ekadasi vrat:
• It is equivalent to bathing in all the holy rivers on auspicious days.
• The merit gained by fasting on Kamika Ekadasi is greater than the merit gained by studying all the scriptures.
• One achieves the merit equivalent to the performance of a horse sacrifice.
• Bestows the merit of donating a cow and her calf along with their feed.
• The one who worships Lord Vishnu on Kamika Ekadasi is glorified by even the heavenly beings.
• If one offers a ghee lamp to Lord Vishnu on Kamika Ekadasi, the forefathers of such a person are awarded heaven. Also, the person who makes such an offering attains Lord Vishnu's abode upon the death of the current body.
• One who plants or transplants Tulasi plant on Kamika Ekadasi resides permanently in Lord Vishnu's abode. Having darshan of Tulasi plant on Kamika Ekadasi frees one from all the sins.
• Worship of Lord Vishnu with Tulasi leaves on Kamika Ekadasi bestows good health, happiness and peace. (For this, collect Tulasi leaves from the plant a day before. Please note that Tulasi leaves should not be plucked on Ekadasi and Dwadasi.)
• A faithful observer of Kamika Ekadasi receives the benefit of having darshan of Lord Kedarnath in Himalayas and will be freed from the cycle of rebirth.
• Chanting the holy names of Lord Vishnu like Hari, Madhusudana, Sridhara on Kamika Ekadasi will bring about immense happiness into one's life.
Appropriate way to observe Kamika Ekadasi vrat:
This year, Kamika Ekadasi falls on 22nd of July. Please break your fast between 05:41AM and 08:23AM on 23 July 2014.
OnlineTemple.com wishes you all a very happy Kamika Ekadasi! May you find happiness, peace and success by chanting the holy name of Lord Hari.