Posted On March 20, 20150 Comments
Surya Grahan Sutak is the time during solar eclipse (Surya Grahan) which is considered inauspicious thus one should refrain from doing any auspicious or important task during this time. The duration of Sutak is 12 hours before Surya Grahan. The logic behind the concept of Sutak in Hindu belief is that the earth atmosphere is considered to be contaminated during Sutak and therefore negative energy is spread all over. Sutak is observed only when Grahan is visible at the place under discussion.
What not to do During Sutak and Grahan: One should abstain from doing the following during Grahan and Sutak-
- Do not touch idols of God during Sutak.
- Do not eat any kind of food item during Sutak and Grahan
- Urination and Defecation should be avoided
- One should not involve in any kind of sexual activity
- Makeup is prohibited during this period
- Pregnant women are specially advised not to go out during Grahan and Sutak
What to do during Sutak and Grahan: During the period of Sutak and Grahan it is advised to indulge in following activities-
- It is recommended to perform meditation during Sutak
- Chanting of mantras and performing yajnas is considered good during this period
- “Om Adityay Vidmahe Divakaraye Dheemahi Tanno Suryah Prachodayat || ” recitation of this mantra during Sutak and Surya Grahan is fruitful
- Put Tulsi plant leaves in all the pulses and spices during Sutak and Grahan to protect them
What to after Sutak and Grahan: After the Sutak and Grahan period is over one should perform following rituals-
- After Grahan take bath in Holy Water and sprinkle Gangajal all over the house
- Idols of God should be washed in Ganga Jal after the Sutak
- Light a deepak and worship God
- Dispose of any cooked food item and prepare fresh food after the Sutak and Grahan
http://onlinetemple.comwishes you a safe solar eclipse (Surya Grahan) 2015. Order Ganga Jal from http://www.onlinetemple.com/products/gangajal and avoid Surya Grahan Sutak and keep your home safe.
Leave a comment